swiss-list: Urgent question: Visa Stamp

From: Marco Sanvido <click for textversion of email address >
Date: Wed, 14 Dec 2005 10:16:20 -0800

Hi fellow compatriots,

I have a H1B visa, but I recently transferred the H1B to a new employer.
Now the problem: My visa stamp in the passport is still valid, but has
the name and
reference number of the previous employer. Do I need a new visa stamp
to re-enter the US?

I asked the lawyers and the answer was: "You should be able to renter,
but if you apply for
a new visa stamp would be better"... Not very informative....

Is this true?

Unfortunately I have to leave for CH for a couple of days only,
and do not have time to stop in Bern for a new stamp.

Thanks,
Marco