swiss-list: N. America-Switzerland long distance

From: Fenton Heirtzler <click for textversion of email address >
Date: Sun, 30 Oct 2005 00:52:22 -0400 (EDT)

Hi-

For several years now, I have been calling Geneva ca.
twice/week for extended family conversations. Perhaps
it is cheaper to connect through the internet, or SBC
(if you live in CA, but at least not in NV).

My own solution is to use www.callingcards.com, which
offers calling cards from a variety of companies. A
simple model calculation that I carried out for my
frequency of use showed that the cards from "Genesis"
were the best. The "best" cards that this site will
suggest are Quatsch, since they do not include the
maintenance fees. Here is the total picture for a US$
20.00 calling card from Genesis:

Connection Fee: None
Billing Increment: 3 minutes
cost/minute: 3.2 "
Maintenance Fee: 59 " *
Taxes: 15%
Payphone Surcharge: 65 "
Expiration: 3 Months (90 Days)

Works from Alaska: NO
Works from Hawaii: NO
Works from Canada: NO **

* Billed at Midnight after 1st use, then semi-monthly
** No, it does work from Canada, that's where I am now
located. Perhaps the company means that you must pay
in US$....?

Aufwiederluegge

Fenton