Re: swiss-list: Citizenship Interview process question

From: J.J. Surbeck <click for textversion of email address >
Date: Wed, 12 Oct 2005 09:35:30 -0700

Hi Patricia,

> I applied for the US citizenship back in February.
> I received an invitation for an interview for November 2nd.
> What can I expect during that interview?
> Is that when they give you a test about american history? Because I
> didn't learn athing yet. I thought they would inform me about what I
> need to study.

They should have given you, or you will receive, a small brochure that
contains 32 (if my memory still works) questions and answers about US
history and institutions. It's really easy. I studied it the morning of
my interview. Actually, I remember now that I had found it on line and
made make mock tests to get better prepared. Google for "immigration
test", or something to that effect.

> Also they told me that the whole process would take about 1 1/2 year.
> Is this only the first of many interviews?

As far as I can remember, that was the only official interview I had and
it was a piece of cake.

Jean-Jacques Surbeck (aka J.J.)
San Diego