swiss-list: H1B transfer question

From: Yue Wu wu5_at_post <click for textversion of email address >
Date: Wed, 24 Aug 2005 05:16:45 -0700 (PDT)

Hi,
I have a couple questions about H1B transfer:

1. Does it have to be done before you leave your old
company and join the new one. Or can it be done after
you join the new company?

2. how much after you join the new company must you
file your H1B? the lawyer told me that a month after I
join the new company is not too late to file the
transfer application. However, I doubt that and would
like a second opinion.

3. has the transfer ever failed to be granted, and
what happens in that case? do i go back to switzerland
and re-apply for H1B?

thanks so much,
yue