Re: swiss-list: Re: Access to Direct Net from the US

From: Nicole Hillbrecht <click for textversion of email address >
Date: Mon, 15 Aug 2005 22:23:13 -0700

[Please no more messages about online banking and swiss
 banks as we have covered just about any angle,
 thanks, the moderator]

I also used my parent's address for my UBS account (back in
the days...) and it was no problem. They, of course, can
never be sure, from where you actually log onto their online
system - or they don't check.

So if you have a person you trust in Switzerland to open the
few letters from the bank you still may receive, this is a
way to go. Monthly statements are available online.

I eventually stopped being a UBS client in Switzerland and
moved my account to Valiant Bank, where online banking is
not a problem, even being in the US and where I pay minimal
maintenance fee per year - if I even pay anything at all. I
can only recommend them.

Enjoy your week,

Nicole Hillbrecht

Nicole Hillbrecht