swiss-list: DASAR/Red Herring looking for Sales & Business Development Summer Interns

From: <click for textversion of email address >
Date: Wed, 11 May 2005 12:57:00 -0500

Hi all,

DASAR/Red Herring is looking for Sales & Business Development Summer Interns
for our Silicon Valley and Paris offices. CH/EU as well as US nationals are
encouraged to apply. This is a great opportunity to get exposure to the global
tech industry. See below for more info.

Cheers,
Michael

--------------

About Us:

DASAR is a media group with conference and publishing businesses across the US,
Asia and Europe. The company was founded in 1990 by two Stanford Graduate
School of Business alumni. We are the premier event organizers in the fields of
technology, business and finance. In April of 2003, DASAR acquired, along with
a group of investors, the respected Red Herring magazine. We are currently
printing a on a weekly basis with a circulation of 65,000 copies worldwide.

Headquartered in Silicon Valley (Belmont, California) with offices in Paris and
Beijing, we recruit exclusively from leading international universities. Given
our worldwide operations we embrace diversity.

The Position:

We are seeking to hire for one summer internship position in our Paris office
and several in our Belmont office. You will join an international business
development team of 10 and 5 sales people in the US and Paris respectively.
Tasks include conducting independent research, database entry and lead
generation for our annual ETRE conference, held in Athens this year on October
16-19. You will develop and implement marketing campaigns to target Information
Technology CEOs and develop relations with senior business executives in the
coordination of the conference. This internship is designed to give
responsibility from day one with exposure across the breadth of the firms
activities.

About You:

Despite growing in size, we hold on to a distinct entrepreneurial culture,
valuing creativity, confidence and independent thoughts. Self-starters thrive
here. Good communication and team skills are vital, foreign language skills a
preferable. Ideally, candidates have some business exposure to developing and
nurturing new business opportunities as well as a good understanding of the
technology industry. Any discipline.

To Apply:

Send your CV & Cover letter by email to Michael Felber  mfelber_at_dasar.com
Both EU/CH and US nationals are encouraged to apply. Please include the office you are applying for in the subject line.

More info:

Questions to Michael Felber at +1 650 585 3414
Websites: www.redherring.com & www.dasar.com