Re: swiss-list: USA Visa waiting period in Switzerland

From: Dave Dueblin <click for textversion of email address >
Date: Fri, 13 May 2005 10:19:55 -0700 (PDT)

   I applied for a Non-Immigrant US Visa in Berne something like 18
   months ago (J-1).

   I had 3 months on the waiting list if I'm not wrong. Luckily I started
   early enough.

   They say that they will kill you when you go there without an
   appointment but they don't. Just make sure you have all the forms you
   need (see website) and go there before 11 am. The security people have
   a list of appointments but they usually take care of you and say
   "hasn't been on the list" when they pass your papers in.

   Also note that there are only 2 appointment times per day (vs.
   everyone gets a different time 15 minutes apart or so). So if you
   don't want to be in the back of the line come 30 minutes early. This
   can save you 2 hours later...

   Good luck,

   Dave