swiss-list: Good long distance service?

From: <click for textversion of email address >
Date: Thu, 12 May 2005 15:24:28 -0500

I've been trying to find a decent, low cost long distance service for calling
to Switzerland and Europe. We used Bigzoo for years, but they went out of
business. Too bad, they were good and not very expensive.

Researching long distance service via the web is almost impossible, due to all
the advertisment out there. Currently we are using Pincity and Onesuite, but
Pincity's access #s are busy half the time (in the SF area) and Onesuite has
bad connections.

Here's what I want:

1. Ability to dial a toll free or access # from anywhere. Also willing to have
   it dedicated direct dial at home as well.

2. Must have speed dial capability. I.e. you can program speed dial via their website.

3. Low cost but I'm willing to pay more if it just works well. The difference
   between 3 cents and 7 cents per minute isn't a big deal to me. But right
   now, my choices seem to be 3 cents for crappy service, or expensive 15-20
   cents for good service from the company. There must be something in between.

4. I don't care about long distance within the US. Thus VOIP services like
   Vonage, etc, don't interest me. I use my mobile phone for that anyway.

5. I'd rather avoid VOIP in general. Non-VOIP service is cheap enough and the quality is better.

Any tips are appreciated. If you're happy with your service, I'd like to know.

Thanks,
Dan