Re: swiss-list: Move to Switzerland

From: Eric Dubuis <click for textversion of email address >
Date: Mon, 9 May 2005 22:32:18 -0700 (PDT)

Hi Brigitt,

We moved back from NJ to CH in 2003 and have used the services of
http://www.swiss-moving-service.com/. They were a lot less expensive
(~30% less) than 2 other companies we were requesting quotes from and
their service was quite good. Positive: price, knowledge of Swiss
particulars (customs, etc.) great service here in CH (they moved all
our stuff to the 3rd floor although the contract only obligated them
for the 2nd floor. There is not much on the negative side, although
the US crew could have been a bit more careful when packing (they
destroyed a (not too expensive) carpet), but I guess that's to be
expected when you go with the low price option.

Do make sure that you get quotes from more than one company. There are
substantial differences in price and service. Do not only compare on
price, but check carefully what the service includes (Packing and
unpacking, delivery from and to what floor, grace period for delivery,
etc.).

All the best with your move.

Best,
Eric