Re: swiss-list: greencard approval and social security number

From: Nico Ghilardi <click for textversion of email address >
Date: Mon, 09 May 2005 09:08:47 -0700

   Thanks for the congrats. It took about two years to get it all done. I
   am posting my time experience to the list here because it might be of
   interest to other swiss-listers going through the same process.
   Collecting paperwork: About 8 months, could have been done faster, but
   do not underestimate the volume of an outstanding researcher petition.
   Mine was a pile of paper 10 cm thick and 3.5 kg in weight.
   OR petition from filing to I-140 approval: 286 days
   adjustment of status (I-485) filed: 40 days later
   decision received: 87 days after receipt date for self and daugther,
   107 days after receipt for spouse (not sure why not at the same time).
   Actual greencard: spouse received it about a week after the I-485
   approval notice, self and daugther are still waiting (now 24 days
   since I-485 approval notice, we're told it can take up to 120 days to
   manufacture the actual card).
   I've also been tracking processing times lately and noticed that the
   agencies are speeding up. We got everything faster than suggested by
   the posted processing times.
   For more questions, feel free to contact me directly.
   cheers
   N.