RE: swiss-list: greencard approval and social security number

From: Michael Rys <click for textversion of email address >
Date: Sun, 8 May 2005 22:43:46 -0700

Some years ago, my wife got her SocSec number with the argument that she
needed it for the driver's license. Does that still work?

Also, your daughter unless, she is working or is old enough, does not
need a SocSec and instead easily can get a Tax ID number (TIN) that can
be used instead of the SocSec number for taxes, bank accounts etc.

Best regards
Michael

PS: Congrats, btw. How long did you have to wait?