swiss-list: US pharma/biotech start-up scene

From: <click for textversion of email address >
Date: Mon, 11 Apr 2005 04:24:05 -0500

Hi everyone,

My family and I are planning to relocate to the US, preferably to the Southeast
corner of the country.

Having extensive experience in drug development (preclinical & clinical
research, regulatory affairs) I would be particularly interested in joining a
smaller (<500 employees) pharma/biotech company, e.g. a start-up or spin-off.
Does anyone have a good idea how to identify such companies in the US? My
search with two experienced but traditional life-science recruiters revealed
mostly positions in big pharma. Similarly, platforms such as Medzilla seem to
be used more by large companies.

Any feedback is much appreciated!

Cheers
Markus