RE: swiss-list: airfares to CH

From: Paris, Sarah <click for textversion of email address >
Date: Thu, 7 Apr 2005 14:34:03 -0700

A big thank-you to the many Swisslisters that responded to my query!

The general consensus seems to be that if one is flexible, you can still
get relatively inexpensive flights, and if you are REALLY adventurous,
you can get great deals on sites like hotwire or priceline, if you are
willing to book "blindly".

Unfortunately, I am neither that adventurous nor able to be that
flexible, for a number of reasons, so I bit the bullet and got the $1150
Lufthansa flight that gets me in and out at the date and time that works
for my circumstances.

The message for me is that next year, I'll have to start booking not six
but at least eight to nine months in advance, if I want to have my
preferred flight at the lowest price possible.

Of course, the really nice thing would be if Swiss (now that they are
owned by Lufthansa) would reinstate their non-stop flight SFO-ZHR, but
the chances of that happening seem to be slim ...

thanks again,
Sarah