swiss-list: airfares to CH

From: Sarah Paris <click for textversion of email address >
Date: Tue, 5 Apr 2005 07:07:15 -0700

I'm trying to book a flight to Switzerland in October -- not exactly prime
travelling season! Last year, I paid for the same flight (roundtrip from
San Francisco via Lufthansa) $917. This year, the travel agent (who
specializes in European travel) quotes me $1150!

Orbitz has the same flight listed at $100 less, however, when I try to book
it, I am told it is no longer available (even when I try different days) at
that price and the fare jumps up to $1200. Same when trying to book on-line
at Lufthansa. I've tried other versions (KLM to Amsterdam, back with
Lufthansa) with similar results.

I'm somewhat flexible, but I would really like to avoid an overly long
flight (long stopover or flying via New York); I also don't want to arrive
in the morning (jet-lag) or leave in the morning (I am not staying in
Zurich), so I am a little constrained.

Does anyone have any suggestions?

Thanks!

Sarah Paris