swiss-list: Help: Baeri (Dog-) Transport

From: Tom Schaer <click for textversion of email address >
Date: Mon, 20 Dec 2004 13:46:30 -0500

Greetings List:

In order to not have to see disappointment under the Christmas Tree I am
looking for someone flying to Philly International Airport out of Zuerich this
week.

I am on emergency duty on 12-25 and 12-27, so these days are bad; anything else
would work between now and 12-31.

We have a Bernese Sennenhund puppy shipped from Oschwand, BE to Phila as a
Christmas surprise, but we were informed that there is a cargo embargo for
living animals in Phila. This does not apply for dogs accompanied by a
passenger.

I am looking for someone who would be willing to be the "host" for the dog
while in transit. Nothing is involved other than carrying papers across
customs. Papers are internationally approved, the dog is from a federally
approved breeder from Oschwand, BE. Fam Gerber-Rindlisbacher commonly sends
dogs to Northamerica and this is one of these last minute surprises the
shipping company, specialized for shipping live animals world-wide, failed to
inform them about until last Thursday....go figure!!!

Breeder would meet you at Zuerich and be present for check-in, I would be
present in Philly for receiving the dog at the airport.

Anyone who could help out would be greatly appreciated. Unfortunately we had
our plans abruptly cancelled on us, when the shipping Co in Zuerich found out
about the cargo rules from LH. The dog was scheduled to arrive today - just
on-time for Santa to deliver it .......

Thank you.

Tom
Thomas P. Schär, VMD
Asst Prof School of Biomedical Engineering, Drexel University
& Comparative Orthopaedic Research & Tissue Engineering
Department of Clinical Studies
University of Pennsylvania New Bolton Center
382 West Street Road
Kennett Square, PA 19348
tel. 610-444-5800 (x6261 office)
tel. 610-444-5800 (x6131 lab)