swiss-list: satellite tv from europe

From: Lauber, Jan <click for textversion of email address >
Date: Mon, 23 Aug 2004 13:37:22 -0700

Hello Europhiles,

I just chatted with Persian friend and he mentioned
that he is getting some guy to install him a satellite
dish with which he can receive Persian and (for me)
more importanly, a bunch of European channals. Moreover,
he claims it to be one flat fee ($300) with no monthly
charges and all legal too. Almost too good to be true!?!

Does anyone know anything about such a thing?
I get the "Tagesschau" on the web, but I am very keen on
getting some other news that hasn't been filtered by
Ministry of Truth, as well as keeping my language skills
from slowly bio-degrading.

cheers -- Jan