Re: swiss-list: US, Swiss and Swiss Canton Taxes and AVS questions

From: Claudio Fleiner <click for textversion of email address >
Date: Wed, 3 Mar 2004 09:38:44 -0800

The answers to your questions depend on a lot of things, among them whether you
are a resident of Switzerland and/or the US and/or a state in the US (you can
be a resident of all three or even none of them and the IRS has different rules
to decide whether you are a resident or not than the former INS) , your
nationality, your visa status, type of employment, duration of stay, and in
some cases even where and how long you lived in a country ...

I suggest you find a good tax accountant in your area.

Claudio