RE: swiss-list: Re: Rules regarding Food/Drug imports from Switzerland

From: Paris, Sarah <click for textversion of email address >
Date: Tue, 17 Feb 2004 09:43:41 -0800

Nicole, thanks for going through the trouble to scooping this out!

I guess my mom will have the choic of either becoming a "criminal" by
not declaring food items sent as such, and just take her chances, or she
will have to forgo sending me any of the things she used to send me.
Because there is no way she could possibly navigate this system (not
speaking English and not having access to the internet, nor much
knowledge of computers.)

I wonder if this insanity will be revoked if Bush/Ashcroft get kicked
out of the office -- unfortunately, I rather doubt it. The number of
people suffering from this nonsense is probably too insignificant to
raise the required stink. The wealthy, after all, can always purchase
the $60 bottles of Swiss Kirsch offered at ye olde upscale Fine Wine &
Spirits store. (But how will I get my Melisana???)

:-(
Sarah