swiss-list: good immigration lawyer in NYC

From: Marc Audard <click for textversion of email address >
Date: Thu, 29 Jan 2004 16:40:03 -0500

Hi-

I am now studying the option of applying for
the two-year home-rule no objection waiver
since it applies to me (1yr funding by Swiss
NSF). Although I look at infos on the web, I
would like to consider hiring a good immigration
lawyer in New York City, in particular on
the subject of changing visa classes in the US.
Does anybody has a name/address and maybe price
range (I am not familiar with lawyers).

Related: does one need to wait for the answer
from the Dpt of State to begin to apply for
another visa? Or can we start in the same time
and inform that we requested the waiver as well?
Furthermore, are there some recent experience?
On the DOS page, the processing time for the
waiver lasts from 12-16 weeks (3-4 mos, say 5),
Is O-1 better than H-1B?

Tx for any insight,
                                Marc