RE: swiss-list: wire transfer USA -> UBS

From: Peter R. Buerki <click for textversion of email address >
Date: Fri, 16 Jan 2004 19:54:37 -0800

Hello everybody,

I have recently tried out the services of International Currency Express for
transfering money to my bank in Switzerland, and I can highly recommend
them.

If you are not in a hurry you can avoid paying high wire transfer fees. They
charge $ 10.00 for issuing a draft in Swiss Francs. For a wire transfer they
charge $20.00. Note that these fees are the same, regardless of the amount
you transfer!

What I liked about International Currency Express is the convenience. You
send them a fax or e-mail with your request and the beneficiary's name (no
ABA, SWIFT, IBAN, BLZ, Greek, Russian, whatever required) and a few days
later you receive the draft sent to your home. You can then send your check
to your bank in Switzerland yourself by (certified) mail. What is even
better, you can have the amount charged to your VISA or Mastercard, so you
can even get flyer miles on your money transfer and benefit from lsightly
better exchange rates!

I talked with Henry Arevalo and he was very kind and helpful. His phone is
(888) 278-6628. Their contact information is:

International Currency Express, Inc.
427 North Camden Drive, #F
Beverly Hills, CA 90210
Phone: (310) 278 6628, Fax: (310) 278 6410
e-mail: info_at_foreignmoney.com
Web: http://www.foreignmoney.com

Check it out!

Peter Buerki

Peter R. Buerki, Ph.D.
R&D Engineer/Chemist
Scripps Institution of Oceanography
Geosciences Research Division, Dept. 0244
University of California San Diego
9500 Gilman Drive
La Jolla, CA 92093-0244
Office: (858) 822-1642
Fax: (858) 822-3310
e-mail: pbuerki_at_ucsd.edu

lelik_chernNOSPAM_at_hotmail.com wrote:

>Hi,
>
>I study in the US, but want to transfer money to my UBS account in Geneva.
They
>provided me with a "swift number" UBSWCHZH80A, and a IBAN: CH25 0024
>my-account-at-ubs. I came to my US bank at Salt Lake City and they need the
>routing number of the correspondent bank that does business in for UBS in
the
>USA. I found on UBS's website that they have 2 representatives in Salt
Lake,
>one of which is "UBS Bank USA", the other is "UBS Financial Services". When
>called both of them, they told me that although they are owned by UBS, they
>don't do this kind of international transfers. What the hell?!
>
>After reading this list, I found that someone transfered US to UBS using
the
>ABA 026007993. Does this work? Because it _IS_ the ABA (routing number) for
UBS
>Financial Services... It seems that both my US bank and the american UBS
people
>are totally incompetent... Please help me!

+++++++ KILLMIME removed the following attachment(s):
+++++++++ part2: HTML document text