RE: swiss-list: Cancelling an application for a reentry permit

From: Peter Buerki <click for textversion of email address >
Date: Sun, 11 Jan 2004 00:08:48 -0500

Hi Dorothea,

How long have you been living in the USA as a green card holder? How long do
you plan to live here in the future?

I was in a similar situation and that was one reason why I decided to become
CH-US dual citizen. Now, I am free to leave and return to the USA whenever I
want and do not need to worry about permits, etc. anymore. If you are eligible,
I would suggest you to consider doing this step. If the current government
stays in power, things only get worse for aliens living in the USA.

The following link allows you to determine for yourself, whether you are or
when you will be eligible for naturalization:
http://uscis.gov/graphics/services/natz/wsinstruct.htm.

Best regards,
Peter Buerki
Peter R. Buerki, Ph.D.
R&D Engineer/Chemist
Scripps Institution of Oceanography
Geosciences Research Division, Dept. 0244
University of California San Diego
9500 Gilman Drive
La Jolla, CA 92093-0244

858-822-1642