swiss-list: dog traveling

From: Paul Frei <click for textversion of email address >
Date: Tue, 21 Oct 2003 09:16:16 +0200

Hi Michaela,

Through Alex Bickel we know about your question concerning your dog.

Yes , we have taken our dog (a Labrador) several times into The US and back to
Switzerland. This is no problem at all, if you have all the necessary
documnents. That is : Certificate of health, not older than 10 days and signed
by a veterinarian, proof of all vacinations.

Your dog must travel in a suitable box ( can be purchased from the airlines )
and will then travel in the same plane as you. There is NO quarantine. Of
course you have to announce your dog in advance to the airline of your choice
and you will be charged for it.

Some vets advise you to give your dog a light tranquilizer , depending on your
pet.

We wish you a safe trip Dorly