swiss-list: AHV

From: <click for textversion of email address >
Date: Tue, 9 Sep 2003 12:17:58 -0500

Hi, my wife is Swiss and is now a permanent resident with me here in the US. We
may go to Switzerland in a few years. We're wondering if it's worth paying for
her not to have a 'hole' in the AHV. She's a student and not working. I am
working, and I'm not Swiss. The information we read about paying for AHV while
not in Switzerland indicates that your payment amount is based on what you and
your spouse makes. Does this apply even if the spouse is not Swiss? If it is
only based on her income, maybe it's worth paying for it? If not, I assume it's
probably not worth paying for it?

Dan