swiss-list: green card + moving from CA

From: Frederic Bevilacqua <click for textversion of email address >
Date: Thu, 31 Jul 2003 10:15:54 -0800

Hello,

two questions

1) I have been approved for a Green Card under the National
Interest Waiver, but I haven’t filed for the adjustment of status yet.
Nevertheless, I’m going to leave the US in late September to take
a new job in Paris.
In order to keep my options as open as possible ( i.e. if I want to
return to the US in one or few years) I’m wondering if I should still
apply for the adjustment of status now (probably not a good option
since I’m leaving ?) or if I should wait and apply later if decide to
return to the US?

My lawyer told me that I could still apply later if I stay in the same
field of research, which wouldn’t be the case

Has anybody been in a similar case?

2) Since we’re moving at the end September, we’ll have stuff to
sell or give if anybody is interested (old but working car, fridge,
nice piano, etc) Also we might be interested in sharing a container
(to Switzerland or France). We’re located in Orange County,
California.

Have a good day :)

Frederic Bevilacqua