swiss-list: (no subject)

From: Gutacker, Michaela (NIH/NIAID) <click for textversion of email address >
Date: Wed, 30 Jul 2003 19:23:38 -0400

Hi Klaus,

I am doing a post-doc in the US. I had a similar insurance problem. However,
the NIH pays for health insurance. So what I did: I set my insurance at home
to the highest deductible (franchigia) possible. This, also because I wanted
to keep it for when I go back to CH.
>From what I know though, the only thing is that you need proof of insurance
for your job here, it does not matter where the insurance is. So potentially
you can keep your insurance there and have them paying for everything (it
might complicate thinks when you have a health problem: you might have to
pay first and then get reimbursed).
I kept my residence in Ticino, no problem with that. However this might vary
from canton to canton.

Good luck,
Michaela

Michaela Gutacker, Ph.D.
Laboratory of Human Bacterial Pathogenesis
Rocky Mountain Laboratories, NIAID, NIH
904 South 4th Street,
Hamilton, Montana 59840

Phone (406) 363 94 57