RE: swiss-list: Swiss 'registration'

From: Michael Rys <click for textversion of email address >
Date: Mon, 23 Jun 2003 21:23:54 -0700

If you leave Switzerland for more than 6 months you are required to
officially deregister and re-register at the Swiss consulate. This will
help in that you do not have to pay taxes anymore. It also has impact on
your military service requirements if you are serving (probably not the
case for your wife).

Some health-insurances allow you to keep your coverage suspended for a
nominal fee, even if you are living abroad.

Just some pointers....

Michael