Re: swiss-list: Renewal of H-1 visa at the embassy in Bern

From: Laurent Magnenat <click for textversion of email address >
Date: Wed, 21 May 2003 12:14:37 -0700

Hello,

I am in the early process for my H1B petition extension. The
application was sent on April 24th (with normal processing,
unfortunately not the 1000$-two weeks processing). I received the
receipt notice form BCIS(INS)/California Service Center after 7 days.
I am now waiting for the Approval Notice, which I have no idea how long
it is going to take (receipt notice says 30-60 days, but that was
already like that before 9/11-war).

Anyone has a clue?

Once I'll receive it, I'd be glad to visit CH for the VISA stamp,
following recent recommendations.

Alternatively, a friend of mine went recently to get her VISA in
Tijuana, MX. But things may have already changed there since. For
Mexico and Canada appointments, see
http://www.usembassy-mexico.gov/tijuana/Teniv.htm and
https://www.nvars.com/use/

Check also info on H-VISA revalidation (renewal/reissuance) by mail at
the VISA offfice in St-Louis (10-12 weeks!) look
http://travel.state.gov/hlop.html

Laurent Magnenat
San Diego