swiss-list: travel and reentering

From: Nico Ghilardi <click for textversion of email address >
Date: Wed, 02 Apr 2003 11:39:20 -0800

Hi all,

have any of you who are on a visa (not a greencard) travelled outside
the US and reentered since the war started? Did you have difficulties?

I am asking this because a Japanese colleague of mine on an H1-B
recently got stuck in Canada for a few days, because the American
Embassy there did not want to renew her visa stamp (although she had a
valid approval notice). The reason was that she is a molecular biologist
and could have knowledge relating to you-know-what. She eventually made
it back with the help of lawyers etc, but I was wondering whether I as a
Swiss molecular biologist also might face this kind of problem.

cheers
Nico

--
Please note that my FAX number and department name have changed recently.
Please update my address as follows. A mailstop is no longer needed: