swiss-list: Taxes and dependent.

From: <click for textversion of email address >
Date: Mon, 31 Mar 2003 16:29:47 -0600

Hello everybody,

I have a question concerning the US taxes. I have a J1 visa and I wanted to
include my wife as dependent on the form kindly provided by the federal
government. As it is and with my status, it seems that I am not allowed to have
dependent ( at least for taxe purposes) and that we should fill separate forms.
Therefore, I would like to know which form my wife (J2) should fill? Or even if
she has to fill anything at all given that she has no income?

Thank you for your help in these difficult times.
Yves