RE: swiss-list: J1 extension

From: Amiot Enterprises Info <click for textversion of email address >
Date: Fri, 14 Mar 2003 16:14:13 -0800

Be very careful... Even though a petition/a visa extension can be turned
into a regular Visa(?)... Be very circumspect...

A friend of mine had to visit the IRS jails before being forcibly sent
back: he had an old visa, the petition for the new one, but not the
stamp on the passport...

It happened to me a few years back (pre-9/11) at the time there was just
a $50 penalty and a little hassle to get it in the US... but no jail
then, but times have changed

You may want to check out with our favorite Immigration Lawyer:

Debra Baker
www.bakerlawcorp.com
debra.baker_at_bakerlawcorp.com

Best