Re: swiss-list: US-Swiss Financial or Tax Advisor

From: Axel G. Merk <click for textversion of email address >
Date: Wed, 12 Mar 2003 08:37:13 -0800

Dear Michael,

we are no tax advisors, but are an SEC registered investment advisory
firm with Swiss-US experience. We founded our business in 1994 in
Lucerne, and started our US investment advisory firm in the Bay Area in
2001.

We have practical insight into some of the issues you raise. Feel free
to contact me to bounce some ideas off. I may not be able to give you
definite answers on your tax issues, but I should be able to give you a
clearer idea of the issues that will in turn help your search and focus.

Best wishes,

Axel

Axel Merk
Merk Investments
(877)270 6999
http://www.merkinvestments.com/

P.s.: Disclaimer: our firm has only been SEC registered since
registration became effective in 2001. Prior activities from
Switzerland were not under SEC regulation.