RE: swiss-list: PhD in business in the United States

From: cf <click for textversion of email address >
Date: Tue, 04 Mar 2003 13:52:18 -0500

>From your experience, how do you guys assess the chances for a Swiss
> national to get a job as a university professor in the United States?

The nationality is not important (the work visa might be), it depends where and
what you want to teach, you migh have a better chance to find a teaching
position in a State University or an Undergrad College.

I agree with all previous emails: Connection and networking are the key for
findind a position. Science is a harsh field where you not only need good
connections but also funding money for research (some fundings are not
available to foreigners). You might have a better chance in your field. And
also be aware (I am sure you are) that the grass in always greener on the other
side.....

Greetings from sunny San Diego (just a teeze)