swiss-list: Swiss Survey

From: PBoyd <click for textversion of email address >
Date: Sat, 22 Feb 2003 11:11:09 -0500

[I have taken the time to make sure this was legitimate. So, if you have a
minute, respond to these five questions from a 6-grader doing a project on
Switzerland.
Laurent Piguet, Moderator a.i.]

TO: Swiss List Members
FROM: Peter Boyd

DATE: February 22, 2003

Hello, my name is Peter Boyd, I'm 12 years old, and I attend school at
The Out of Door Academy, located in Sarasota, Florida. I am in 6th grade
and I am doing a project on Switzerland and its people. It is a big part
of my upcoming grade so I would like to do well on this project. I
would appreciate if you would help me by filling in this survey and
emailing it back to me at "wickedkd1_at_netscape.net". If you can forward
this to other Swiss citizens not on Swiss List, that would be great!.
Please respond on or before March 1, 2003.

This survey is for Swiss citizens only, whether living in Switzerland or
abroad. (Please make an "X" to indicate your answer.)

1. Do you think that Switzerland should have joined the United Nations?

ABSOLUTELY: YES: MAYBE: NO: ABSOLUTELY NOT:

2. Is the government of Saddam Hussein a big enough threat to world peace
to justify starting a war with it?

ABSOLUTELY: YES: MAYBE: NO: ABSOLUTELY NOT:

3. If the U.N. Security Council passes a resolution authorizing the use of
force against Iraq, should Switzerland support that resolution?

ABSOLUTELY: YES: MAYBE: NO: ABSOLUTELY NOT:

4. Should forces of the Swiss army be used as peace keepers in any U.N.
approved cease fire in the Middle East?

ABSOLUTELY: YES: MAYBE: NO: ABSOLUTELY NOT:

5. If the current Swiss challenge for the America's Cup is successful,
where do you think the next challenge should be held?

Geneva: Auckland: New York: Newport:
The Mediterranean: Other:

A few questions about you:

Swiss Citizen: Yes: No:
Gender: Male: Female:
Living in: Switzerland: Abroad:
Age: 10-18: 19-25: 26-35: 36-45: 46-55: Over 55:

Thanks very, very much for your help!!

If you'd like a summary of the survey results emailed to you, please
indicate: Yes: