(no subject)

From: <click for textversion of email address >
Date: Thu, 20 Feb 2003 19:32:45 GMT

20 Feb 2003 15:18:21 CET
Date: Thu, 20 Feb 2003 15:18:21 +0100 (CET)
From: =?iso-8859-1?q?Jerome=20Chevillat?= <jchevillat_at_yahoo.fr>
Subject: swiss-list: moving things back... AND moving to France
To: Laurent Piguet <piguet_at_yahoo.com>, swiss-list_at_swiss-list.com
Sender: owner-swiss-list_at_swiss-list.com

As I am moving back in Europe at the end of march I have investigated a
little bit as well. My case is a little bit different as I am moving
only 'personal' stuff like books, clothes, souvenirs and so on and NO
furnitures. Overall I am probably talking about 4-5 boxes (to give a
rough idea).
I sent out some requests in Switzerland and it turns out that because I
do not have too much,... the 'air' option can get cheaper (and faster
anyway)! Usually by sea they charge by the volume and by air by the
weight.... That would cost me ~2000 CHF by air, but this is very vague
because they do not know much about the size of the boxes and the
weight...
Actually as I do not have much stuff I am thinking to move using the
post service :-) sending a few packages (with special rates for books)
might be cheaper...

As i am here....
As i said I am moving back to Europe and for personnal reasons I'd like
to move to Paris. Therefore I am looking for
informations/tips/tricks... I am looking for a job, an apartment, and
so on, I would be glad to get some pointers/advices :-)
(I have already checked the links on the swiss-list website, thanks to
Claudio Fleiner :-)
Also I have sent a couple of resumes through websites, and I am
wondering what is the rate of success (well ok, we all know that
knowing someone inside always helps...)
Willing to share your experiences of 'looking for a job remotely' ??
Does anyone know about the same kind of mailing-list but in France ?

Ok... that's a lot of questions... thanks...
Have a good day

Jerome

http://www.swiss-list.com/links/Returning_to_Switzerland/Moving/index.shtml

=====