swiss-list: moving things back to our beloved Switzerland...

From: Brawand, Pierre <click for textversion of email address >
Date: Wed, 19 Feb 2003 09:42:42 -0800

Hi everybody,

We have to start thinking about moving back home, after almost 3 years in
Seattle.
With two kids that were born here in the US, we will be carrying more stuff
with us than when we came in 2000...

I'd like to know whether you might have some tips for:
- moving things by air or by sea: which option
- good moving companies in the US that would not charge too much for doing
the job
- are we still allowed to pack our stuff ourselves or not (I know that there
were some security issues post 9-11...)
- moving boxes vs. container: where is the limit where a container might be
considered?
- we've got two mountain bikes and a Burley trailer. How should we move
these things?
- insurance issues
- etc...etc....

Thanks a lot for your help and thanks to the Swiss list,

Pierre Brawand, PhD
AMGEN Inc.
51 University Street
Seattle WA 98101-2936