(no subject)

From: <click for textversion of email address >
Date: Fri, 14 Feb 2003 09:22:15 GMT

At 16:40 13/02/03, you wrote:
>From owners_at_swiss-list.com Thu Feb 13 15:40:02 2003
Date: Thu, 13 Feb 2003 16:43:51 +0100
From: Vuko Brigljevic <vuko.brigljevic_at_cern.ch>
To: Daniel Kluge <dkluge_at_acm.org>, Bay Area Swiss <sfbay_at_swiss-list.com>
Subject: swiss-list: Re: sfbay: Fry's in Geneva?
Sender: owner-swiss-list_at_swiss-list.com

(I guess this would rather belong to an alumni list
than in the Bay Area one...)

[Good point. I am cross-posting it to the main swiss-list mailing list.
Let's see if it works... a.i. Moderator Laurent Piguet]

Hi Daniel,

Daniel Kluge wrote:
> Hello there,
> now that I (involuntarily) returned to Switzerland, and what's more to a
> part of Switzerland that I don't really know, there is one thing I'm
> really missing from the Bay Area:
>
> I need a shop like Fry's, that sells everything electric or electronic, with
> a wide selection at the lowest in-store prices.

Yes, I missed Fry's too when I came back to Geneva,
and you won't find a store that really could compete
with it. Anyway, the nearest approximation to Fry's
is probably Media Markt. In Geneva, there is at least
one on the Route de Meyrin right at the entrance of
Meyrin-Cite. Their website should provide you the
list of all locations.

http://www.mediamarkt.ch/

After Media Markt, I would check out Fust, InterDiscount
and The Portable Shop (belongs to Fust as far as I know,
really quite good for portable and handheld computers).
All of these have several shops in the Geneva area.
In particular, they have all a shop in the small
shopping center in Meyrin where Media Markt itself
is located.

Good luck and welcome back "au pays" :)

Vuko

  Vuko Brigljevic, EP Research Fellow |
  CERN - European Laboratory for Particle Physics |
  Mail Address: CERN, Div. EP, 1211 Geneve 23 (Switzerland) |
  Office : B40-2B08 |
  Phone : +41-22-767 1662 |
  e-mail : Vuko.Brigljevic_at_cern.ch |
  www : http://www.slac.stanford.edu/~vuko |