Re: swiss-list: Eligibility to the relief from Japanese income tax

From: Nadine Grant <click for textversion of email address >
Date: Wed, 15 Jan 2003 02:42:17 -0500

Hi Thomas,

I'm sorry but I'm not cognizant of any specific reciprocity tax treaty or
agreement between Switzerland and Japan.

What I believe you need to find is a tax lawyer who is aware of both
Japanese and American law. Another avenue would be to call the Japanese
Consulate or JETRO (415-392-1333) in San Francisco. I can give you names of
some US/Japan corporate lawyers who support the Keizai Society, but I'm not
sure if they would know the answer to this either.

I believe that JETRO is your best bet. Sorry I don't have the answer for
you.

Sincerely,

Nadine Kazuko Grant
Keizai Society President