RE: swiss-list: Eligibility to the relief from Japanese income tax

From: Amiot Enterprises Info <click for textversion of email address >
Date: Tue, 14 Jan 2003 16:23:10 -0800

Maybe Nadine Kazuko Grant (head of the Keizai Society www.keizai.org )
would know who knows about whatever reciprocity treaty there might be
between CH and Jap....

Could not hurt to have a chat with her, she is very resourceful and
seems to be extremely well connected...

Nadine Kazuko Grant: n.k.grant_at_att.net

Some other names came up:

Richard R. Yamaguma: cpa_at_yamaguma.com (CPA and treasurer of the Keizai
Society)
Tel: 650 967 3928 / 650-947-3500

David McQuilkin [ dmcq_at_apvco.com ] (in depth experience of Japan, author
of a monthly newsletter about Japan: Check it out!, www.apvco.com )

Through these individuals you should be only one person away from the
information you are looking for...

Hope this helps...

Best

Vin.

Note also the following upcoming event of the Keizai society:

  _____

10th ANNUAL SHINNENKAI
New Year's Networking Reception & Annual Membership Drive

Friday, January 31, 2003

  RSVP to this event now <http://www.keizai.org/events/rsvp.php>

Please note that while walk-ins are welcome, space is limited and
attendance will be restricted with preference given to Keizai Society
members. Due to the popularity of the event, RSVPing online well in
advance is strongly recommended for both members and non-members.

The Keizai Society's Shinnenkai (networking and annual membership drive)
will be at the Palo Alto Hills Golf and Country Club for the fourth year
with a wide assortment of hors d'oeuvres and a no-host bar. Many thanks
as well to all of our corporate sponsors without whose support this
event would not be possible.

We will be announcing our new board of directors, executive team, and
the winners of our Shinnenkai drawing while leaving time for you to eat
and network. So bring plenty of "meishi" (business cards) to exchange,
including one for the drawing! The first place prize will be a Business
Class round trip ticket to Japan courtesy of Northwest Airlines, the
first US carrier to fly to Japan. Second prize will be an ergonomic
Aeron chair, especially good for computer work, courtesy of Herman
Miller.

Valet parking and a coat-check service will both be available for no
additional fee (tips at your discretion). Directions to the club are
available on the Keizai Society Web site.

Please join as we start this New Year, strengthening existing business
relationships and forging new ones while in a pleasant environment with
good food. We look forward to seeing you there, and please become a
member and don't forget to rsvp as soon as possible.

*To receive the member rate to this event, your annual membership must
be current.. To renew or register for new membership, please complete
the short membership application on the Keizai Web site
<http://keizai.org/membership/index.php> and mail in your check for $45
(or $25 w/a copy of your student ID) to:

Keizai Society
Attn: Membership
220 State Street, Suite B
Los Altos, CA 94022

FEES:
With Prepaid RSVP by 1/27/03:
$15 for Members, $25 for Non-Members

Without RSVP:
$25 for Members, $35 for Non-Members

Annual Membership dues: $45 (or $25 for students with ID)

DRESS:
Business attire at a minimum

DATE & TIME:
Friday, January 31, 2003