swiss-list: Airfreight

From: Paul Peyrot <click for textversion of email address >
Date: Sun, 1 Dec 2002 22:55:54 -0800

Hi all!

Next year I will move back to Switzerland after 1 ½ years in the U.S. As
you can imagine, now I have more stuff to move than fits in my air
luggage. As I have about 80 – 100 kg extra to ship (meaning too much for
USPS parcels and not enough for surface freight), I was thinking of
using airfreight as an alternative. I heard of rates of about 2$ per kg
(after all, they ship fruit from California to Switzerland, right).

Has anybody used airfreight and if yes, who do you turn to? Do you
contact the airlines directly or do you have to do it through an agent?
What would a good agent in the S.F. area be?

Thank you very much!

Paul Peyrot