Re: swiss-list: moving from Switzerland to Las Vegas

From: Carmen Benzenhofer <click for textversion of email address >
Date: Mon, 25 Nov 2002 14:39:29 -0800

Just thought I'd share my experience - My husband is Swiss and I am
American. We got married (civil wedding) in the US and then we had a wedding
with reception and family in CH. While we were in CH we got my husband's
green card thru Bern. I think going thru the American Embassy in Bern is
still the better way to go rather than through INS. So long as you can stay
in CH for at least 6-8 consecutive weeks to get all the paperwork sorted
out, there's a pretty good chance that you'll get your green card (yes, it's
a painful process) but INS is a much longer process and more expensive, esp.
since 9/11.

Good luck!
Carmen Benzenhofer