RE: swiss-list: J1 Visa

From: Michaela Gutacker <click for textversion of email address >
Date: Thu, 24 Oct 2002 18:54:49 -0400

Hello Philippe,
we are a lot of people in your same situation at the moment. No, it is a lot
harder to get your visa renewed. Apparently it can take up to 8 weeks until
you get it.
Just as an additional example: Friends of mine in Germany could not even
accede the embassy, for security reasons, they had to fill out the paperwork
in the middle of the street.
You should check with your institution (there might be some administrative
officers that can help you: I know that some people here filled out some INS
forms) and/or call the embassy in Bern.
Good luck,
Michaela

Michaela Gutacker, Ph.D.