RE: swiss-list: Money, Money, Money

From: Massimo Fuchs <click for textversion of email address >
Date: Mon, 29 Jul 2002 14:19:32 -1000

The reason why Citibank in NY is not Citibank in Munich or Tokyo has to
do with the local banking regulations in each country, and even State,
that basically make global seamless banking transaction impossible (at
least for now).

On the deposit question, you can put money directly into US accounts. In
the US banking system, it is called Direct Deposit, and is cleared by
the banks via ACH (Automated Clearing House; http://www.nacha.org).

For an example of a typical service provider via portal, check out
http://www.afgchecks.com/.

Best, Massimo
Honolulu, Hawaii