RE: swiss-list: Social security

From: Anne Brunner <click for textversion of email address >
Date: Tue, 18 Jun 2002 08:39:39 -0700

I don't have any facts, but there is 2 different rumors I heard:
1. You have to pay social security for 10 years, only then you will get
something back
2. Switzerland has a special treaty with the social security, and you
can take your funds back to the swiss social security.
As I said, I have no facts, but maybe somebody else knows more. On the
second rumor, the people from the embassy should know about.
  Anne