Re: swiss-list: Official home

From: Christina Boerner <click for textversion of email address >
Date: Wed, 22 May 2002 20:59:44 +0200 (MEST)

Marc:

officially you have to give up residence in CH, if you leave for I think 6
months or more permanently. Once you do this, you also do not have to pay
taxes, etc. also for you, you might have to check with military obligations. If
you go back and forth and have no income in the US, and do not have to pay
taxes, etc. then I think there shouldn't be a problem with leaving the papers in
CH. I was in the US as a J1 for 12 months and gave up residence in CH, but
think there was no difference in doing it or not on the US side.
So much to my experience.
Good luck,
Christina

http://www.gmx.net