Re: swiss-list: brain drain / jobsearch

From: Nathalie VULLIERMET <click for textversion of email address >
Date: Wed, 10 Apr 2002 09:59:14 -0700

Hi swiss guys,

> I have a lot of opportunities here now for people in computer field like
> position of application development manager in e-business field and I
> also posted them on the swiss list but I had no answer!! Is nobody in
> computer field in California??? So I also wander if so many people want
> really to return here and are they really ready to have swiss conditions
> when I am talking about salary and repsonsabilities and environnement.I

Yes! I really want to go back in Switzerland and I do not really care the
job position.
For sure I would prefer a pharmaceutical compagny but ...

I learn Python language because I would like to add this in my CV, and that
is what is used where I am. But in 'computer field' you have a lot of
different field and compagnies always want something very specific and
I already know that if I go back in Switzerland and work in bioinformatic I
will not use this language and the programs used here.

In fact most of the people I know did not want to do a post-doc, and they
do one, here or in Europe, only because they did not find a job in
Swizerland. So I am agree with Michael who wrote: "Sorry, but when I hear
CH officials complain about brain drain I can only
laugh. Yeah, you are right, but ...the industry does not want us back, at
least this is my impression." and I laugh too.

Best regards

Nathalie

--
Dr Nathalie VULLIERMET
The Scripps Research Institute        tel: +1 858 784 2842