Re: swiss-list: brain drain / jobsearch

From: Claudio Fleiner <click for textversion of email address >
Date: Wed, 10 Apr 2002 15:49:09 GMT

About five years ago I used headhunters in Switzerland with very good results.
However, at that time I was in Switzerland (and it was also not in Biology). My
suggestion would be to

1. make sure you find headhunters that specialize in your field
2. tell them when you will be in Switzerland for interviews
3. make it very clear that you want to return to Switzerland
   (if they have the impression that you are not that serious
   about returning they will not work with you).

Also, long as you are here and there are candidates in Switzerland too
with similar cv they will always prefer the ones in Switzerland because
its simpler to deal with them.

Note that this works the same way if you want to move to the US.
Headhunters won't bother (nor will most companies) unless you have some
time scheduled for vacations or a business trip to the area.

Claudio