Re: swiss-list: brain drain / jobsearch

From: Raffael Marty <click for textversion of email address >
Date: Wed, 10 Apr 2002 10:32:30 +0200

Nico,

> I was wondering whether anyone shares my experience so far searching
> for a job, and also just wanted to start a discussion regarding the
> "returning to Switzerland" issue.

I have some experience which seems similar to yours, only that I was
applying in the States. You could contact companies (I did like 50 to
100) and they would not come back to you at all.

> I think it would be a matter of politeness to at least get back to
> someone who sends a CV, even though there may not be many open jobs at
> the time.

Correct. With one company I was even in personal contact with one
person. After like 3 emails I could contact him, but would not get any
answers back any more. Nothing helped.

> Aren't the Swiss interested in bringing people with experience
> from abroad back? How are we going to countersteer the brain drain if
> not by aggressively recruiting people back to Switzerland? Are the Swiss
> really so much slower than the Americans?

Let me ask you: What happened to the Americans?

Just my two cents

        Raffy

--
   Raffael Marty