Re: Re[2]: swiss-list: Dual citizenship

From: Laurent Jay <click for textversion of email address >
Date: Thu, 14 Mar 2002 11:59:18 -0600 (CST)

> http://www.auslaender.ch/einbuergerung/faq/faq_e.asp#doppel
> http://www.auslaender.ch/einbuergerung/informationen/doppelbuergerrecht_e.asp#verlieren
The links above do not answer actually the question clearly.
It is simply written:
"I am a Swiss citizen and would like to acquire a second nationality.
Can I keep my Swiss nationality? Yes, provided the other country's
legislation does not demand that you waive your previous nationality".

The US does not ask people to "waive their previous nationality"
but to "renounce allegiance to any foreign nation". Draw your own
conclusion... Things would be actually much simpler if Switzerland
would become part of... the US! ;-) Does anybody on the swiss-list
disagree? (that's just a new topic to heat up a little bit
the "conversation" on the swiss-list...)

-- Laurent (one more...)