Re: swiss-list: Someone has to start the tax subject!

From: Nico Ghilardi <click for textversion of email address >
Date: Mon, 11 Mar 2002 16:21:50 -0800

Antoine,

I had a very similar situation as you have, and the advice of a tax consultant
helped to save $2k. What we did is to elect to be full resident and tax all
income of that year (1999) in the US - also my Swiss income. The US tax code then
allows you to deduce the amount of taxes paid already in Switzerland. I doubt
they will check the amount you enter there, but it allows you to save on the
portion you will pay here in the US.

hope this helps

cheers
Nico