Re: swiss-list: greatest planet in the universe

From: Nicole Hillbrecht <click for textversion of email address >
Date: Thu, 28 Feb 2002 11:57:01 -0800

I am actually only half Swiss and I believe you beyond doubt, that you
experienced the same thing in Switzerland, which you experienced here. I never
ever called the people in the US narrow minded. I also did in no way suggest,
that only US people think that if I do not have the same opinion, I should
leave. In fact, it was a (at least one) Swiss guy who suggested, that all people
with different opinions should leave the USA.

I think, this thought (be the the same opinion or leave the country) is
generally narrow minded no matter where it is thought or who thinks it.

If a foreigner in Switzerland would tell me about something, the Swiss
government or any Swiss industry does, which harms other countries (and I am not
as naiv as to think, that this never happened or never happens), I would
certainly not tell this person to leave Switzerland - on the same time, there
would be most definitively Swiss people who'd do exactly that.

As for the US people - I remarked earlier in this discussion, that my critical
opinion against the US politics origins from a US friend of mine. Other US
people told me to leave the States. So here as well as in every other country (I
am sure of it) are different people with different opinions - and I would not
want to generalize.

It is my opinion, that the US politics are dangerous to a lot of other countries
- if not even for the USA itself (economical bills) - and I'll have this opinion
no matter where I am.

Nicole